Safety is more than how we conduct business, it’s who we are and an integral part of our core values. Corbins Electric leads the electrical construction industry in safe contracting, as demonstrated by our 0.52 EMR. You can be assured that our safety program, training, and protocol demonstrates our commitment to the incident-free completion of our projects, reducing and eliminating costly delays, liability exposure, and re-work.
Our safety records and numerous safety awards are clear evidence of the priority we put on our safe work practices. We start at the top with a comprehensive Health and Safety Plan and internal practices/standards that exceed both OSHA and NFPA 70E. We continue with extensive safety training, which is carried through our project activity planning. Our safety managers work directly with our superintendents and field supervision to ensure safety program adherence and implementation.
Components of our safety program include:
- Full-time safety managers with OSHA 500/501 credentials
- Superintendents and foremen: minimum OSHA 30-hour certified
- All employees receive comprehensive initial safety orientation upon hire and additional/refresher training as needed
- All field employees: minimum OSHA 10-hour certified
- Other safety training regularly provided: electrical lock-out/tag-out (LOTO), energized electrical awareness and authorization, CPR/first aid, competent person, confined space, trenching & excavation, defensive driving; and MEWP/lift operations
- Active in-house safety committee
- Safety is mandatory first topic of discussion for all group meetings
- Custom pre-task plan (PTP) used to identify project specific potential hazards and document each task step for the safe performance
- Formal incident investigations, including near miss or other, to address any needed corrective action, training, and/or policy updates
- “Best practice”’ continually improved through active involvement in industry safety-based efforts with the American Subcontractors Association, Arizona Builders Alliance, Associated Builders & Contractors, National Safety Council, and local OSHA representatives
Safety Training Evaluation Process Awards
Aligning with our core value of operating with EXCELLENCE and ensuring the safety and security of ourselves, our teammates, and others, Corbins Electric regularly participates in the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP Program).